Finance & Operations Manager
Posted on Jun 20, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client is an international business with offices in the UK and the US. Established in 2000 they have a small production facility based in Portsmouth, Hampshire dealing with both domestic and international sales. They require a Financial and Operations Manager to manage all administrative and operational duties including supervision of all employees (10-12 staff). You will be an experienced accountant and be responsible for stock control, bank reconciliations, management accounts and VAT and tax submissions. In addition, you will oversee the production and distribution of products from the UK Site.
Duties of Finance and Operations Manager:
- Administrative & operational duties including supervision of all in-house employees of the Company as well as management of employee pay, discipline, and evaluations.
- Oversee & manage the production & distribution of products.
- Financial activities of the Company including but not limited to stock control, bank account reconciliations, customer account/debtor control & provide support for negotiating customer contracts, and vendor payable control & negotiate vendor contracts, prepare accurate quarterly and year end management accounts, prepare timely commission settlements to outside sales personnel, negotiate insurance renewals, insure health & safety at the Company, prepare VAT and other tax filings and any and all other financial activities of the Company as required. Coordinate with accountants on all financial matters. Provide financial information and assist accountants in report filings for the Company as required.
- Prepare Monthly reports of the Company as required.
- Coordinate logistics of in-house training programs, customer visits, as required.
- Ensure customers purchase orders (PO`s) are acknowledged timely and consistently.
- Maintain Credit Control over all customers and prospective customers.
- Assist and support sales personnel in preparing proposals and quotations as required. Coordinate with sales staff to assist in providing necessary information to ascertain pricing for quoting purposes etc.
- Forward all sales related enquiries to sales staff for action.
- Keep Managing Director informed of all activities pertaining to an operational, financial or administrative nature or any other material activity or event that may arise in the normal course of business.
Management experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment, financial knowledge is essential, and ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form