CST Certified Surgical Technologist - Operating Room - St. John Broken
Posted on Jun 20, 2019 by Ascension
CST Certified Surgical Technologist
Department: Operating Room
Schedule: Full Time Days; 6:30am - 5:00 pm (4) 10 hour shifts (late stay is possible. No Call. No Weekends. No Holidays
Location: St. John Broken Arrow, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Now is a great time to join our family of dedicated, highly skilled Surgical Technologists at St. John Broken Arrow.
Why Join Ascension?
St. John Health System is a fully-integrated healthcare system, serving more than 3,500 patients every day, encompassing eight hospitals in northeastern Oklahoma and southern Kansas. St. John Health System is part of Ascension Health, the nation's largest not-for-profit Catholic health system. Our promise of medical excellence and compassionate care is at the center of our Catholic mission as we serve the sick and needy in our communities. The mission of St. John Health System is to continue the healing ministry of Jesus Christ by providing high quality healthcare. Our Core Values are Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication. These values are expressed every day in our actions with patients, families and co-workers.
St. John Broken Arrow, opened in 2010, is a six-story, 44-bed hospital. St. John Broken Arrow offers a wide range of healthcare services, including emergency care, orthopedic services, sports medicine, a regionally renowned joint replacement center, general surgery, cardiology, outpatient services and all-digital diagnostic imaging services. A 100,000-square-foot medical office building connects to the hospital. Also known for our renowned joint replacement center. Our dedicated staff are committed to providing the highest standard of medical care.
At St. John Broken Arrow our Operating Room offers 8 Operating Room suites and 2 Procedural rooms. As a Certified Surgical Technologist, you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of specialties. Specialties offered are Orthopedics, ENT, General Surgery, Urology, Podiatry, Neurosurgery, Endoscopy and Bronchoscopy. Our team is comprised of 40 associates that work cohesively and efficiently with each other. Every associate is a valuable team member in helping us ensure we are providing safe and compassionate care to our patients at all times. Our CST's are offered an in-depth comprehensive orientation ensuring they have the necessary tools and experience to be successful. If you are looking for a family atmosphere with a positive work environment this is the place for you!
At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to facilitate the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures within the operating suite. As a valuable member of the Operating Room team, your expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic techniques and your combined knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies are used to facilitate a successful operation.
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hands required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assists with patient preparation, transporting, positioning and draping.
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and continuously monitors/tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Surgical Technologist (certification must be obtained prior to hire date)
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required (Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist program)
St. John Health System is an EEO/AA employer:
M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)