Technical Sales Engineer - Technology Leader - Industry 4.0
Posted on Jun 19, 2019 by CV-Library
Due to continued growth in the UK the company are seeking an Technical Sales Engineer to cover the UK South
Purpose of the Role
The Technical Sales Engineer will have primary responsibility for supporting and growing profitable sales and market share primarily within the machine build market, with a passion and drive for success within the industrial automation industry. This position will be involved in strategic, complex sales with a focus on products, services, systems, and solutions selling.
* Be the trusted technical adviser to customers. Introduce and sell the company’s safety solutions to both existing and new account prospects to achieve established goals and grow market share through solution selling.
* To support the overall sales force and safety partners in the sales of safety products and also to include custom electronic modules, standard interface systems and fieldbus products
* Use and accurately maintain the company’s CRM system for all customer and sales process data to ensure teamwork, collaboration, and global transparency towards providing an amazing customer experience.
* Develop direct customer relationships using deep understanding of customers business needs, production applications, and technical language utilized in their industry.
* Use consultative sales techniques and solutions that are differentiated to improve customer production quality control and production efficiency to uncover customer needs and solve difficult applications.
* Provide an amazing customer experience and accurately managing customer communications
* Identify and qualify business and customer opportunities and/or threats; understand the account potential, competitors, and position in the market and requirements for doing business.
* Be responsible for new leads and potential opportunities for new and diverse product applications through continued product, industry, and client research.
* Develop strategic account plans for target customers and opportunities.
* Pursue Sales Excellence, developing skills, knowledge, and competencies to continuously improve performance. Complete annual performance objectives and performance reviews with Supervisor.
* Capitalize on development and training opportunities to position yourself for highest levels of performance recognition and continued career development.
* Keep abreast of market and competitive activity; recommend actions in areas where competitor activities are having a negative impact on sales goals.
* Participate in trade shows, prepare and give marketing/sales presentations to technical societies, etc.
* Electrical & Electronic Engineering degree or HND preferred.Minimum requirement HNC. TUV Rheinland qualification highly desirable
* Prior sales experience involving sales of complex, high technology industrial control products through direct sales, and/or regional distributors is required.
* Multi sector experience across OEM’s, Industrial Automation, Controls, Renewables and the Process Industries
* Strong knowledge of industrial control circuitry and automation applications
* A good knowledge of safety standards and legislation
* Prior technical industry experience outside of sales is preferred.
* High degree of direct sales management skills and the implementation of account sales plans through a network of direct and indirect sales channels.
* Able to manage consistently to a common plan, providing sales leadership in the implementation of corporate sales strategies.
* Fundamental leadership in sales management, opportunity assessment, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a global mindset.
* Able to work as a team to solve problems and create strategic plans through shared knowledge.
* A self-starter with strong motivation and desire for continuous learning and improvement.
* Possess general knowledge of software applications and technologies within automation.
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft and Internet applications.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an outstanding organisation playing a pivotal role in its continued growth across the UK.
To be considered please send me through an updated copy of your cv for immediate consideration. Alternatively please do call for a confidential chat
£50k - £50k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual