Multi Skilled Engineer
Posted on Jun 19, 2019 by CV-Library
Are you an apprentice trained Multi Skilled Engineer? Have you got experience with process machinery? Do you have mechanical fitting skills?
Our engineering team are expanding and are currently looking for a multi skilled engineer to join the team working on a 4 on 4 off days and nights rota 07:00-19:00/19:00-07:00
You will become part of a high performance team that maintains high efficiencies and output of modern manufacturing machinery.
We are a leading supplier of Poultry products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. With ambitious plans for the future, there hasn’t been a more exciting time to join us.
Join us as a Multi Skilled Engineering and you can be a part of the aspiring team that brings Avara Foods to life.
Purpose of the role
Working alongside the engineering team and engineering manager you will respond to all breakdowns within the factory to ensure that downtime is kept to a minimal.
You will be required to ensure site achievement of the required engineering regulatory standards whilst being able to demonstrate decision making ability, and knowledge of good factory practice.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Engineering activities with due consideration for safe plant operations. Assessing all aspects of maintenance procedures, ensuring a safe working environment at all times.
- Understanding of engineering and operational KPI’s and be able to identify areas for improvement.
- The successful candidate must be familiar with process machinery or equivalent equipment and have the ability to fault find.
- Attending machine breakdowns and carrying out maintenance as required. The successful candidate must have a proactive approach to line maintenance.
What we are looking for:
- BTEC Level 3 & NVQ Level 3 in Engineering; ONC, HNC or higher desirable
- Time served Apprenticeship or equivalent
- Knowledge of PLC control systems
- Air and pneumatics trained
- IEE 17th Edition desirable
- Diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Proactive and dynamic approach to safety
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure whilst having a high attention to detail
- Able to communicate with clarity
A little about us:
We are a leading supplier of chicken, turkey and duck products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people.
The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable product and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. You will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
- 31 Days Holiday
- 5% Pension
- Life Insurance
- Various lifestyle benefits
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer
£41k - £43k Annual
£34.5k - £34.5k Annual
£34k - £40k Annual
£35k - £37k Annual
£40k - £42k Annual
£35k - £41k Annual
£30k - £32k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual