IT Manager- Marketing Systems- Ulta Beauty
Posted on Jun 19, 2019 by Ulta Beauty
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof All Things Beauty, All in One Place . We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Manager serves in a leadership position managing a team of leads, engineers, and architects that are primarily responsible for marketing systems including Customer Relationship Management systems, guest engagement and Guest Services platforms. They are responsible for leading and guiding a team to create guest centric solutions to support key marketing initiatives and for creating a string partnership with the Marketing business team stakeholders i n a highly dynamic, fast paced and rewarding environment .
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Systems Development Management: Leads solution development projects which support the organization's objectives and plans. Ensures that management is both aware of each initiative and is able to provide the required resources. Reviews the progress of development projects, ensuring that projects are carried out in accordance with agreed standards (including industry & Ulta standards), methods and procedures.
- Relationship Management: Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans. Negotiates with stakeholders at senior levels and ensures that organizational policy and strategies are adhered to.
- Quality Management: Leads the application of appropriate quality management techniques to identify areas for improvement. Coordinates systematic corrective action to reduce errors and improve the quality of the systems and services, by examination of the root causes of problems.
- Resourcing: Implements resource plans, including conducting recruitment interviews. Facilitates selection, assessment and on-boarding processes, and internal resource allocation.
- Performance Management: Supervises individuals by allocating routine tasks and/or project work. Provides direction, support and guidance as necessary, in line with individuals skills and abilities. Monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria.
- Mentor, nurture, and develop team talent for growth and learning. Conduct regular performance evaluations.
- Own, enable and improve the agile development process
- Responsible for marketing technology roadmap implementations
- Ensure code contribution standards (code reviews, unit tests, documentation)
- Serve as the key link between the Marketing business stakeholders and the IT team
- Utilize and integrate monitoring solutions to sustain and improve performance
- Implement new processes or revise current processes to improve overall development team productivity.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years of IT development and design experience with relational databases and API driven integrations
- 3 years experience managing technology teams of size 4 or more with strong technical and credible leadership. Preferred hands on management style.
- Experience with Retail or other B2C Marketing solutions
- Experience with agile methodology
- Experience with large scale, data focused applications
- Experience with public cloud platforms a benefit
- Excellent analysis/troubleshooting skills, able to solve problems efficiently
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
- Able to motivate others to drive desired results
- Strong experience in establishing business processes
- Demonstrated ability to present recommendations to senior leaders for effective decision making
- Work with production support and project consultants in an onshore / offshore model
- Proven track record of delivering high quality solutions on time and on schedule
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task