Mechanical Fitter / Service Technician
Posted on Jun 18, 2019 by CV-Library
Reporting to the Service Manager.
This is a varied and challenging role for the right candidate.
Responsible for: -
* Working in a team, ensuring the provision of a cylinder repair service to our clients customers, an accurate diagnosis of problems and an efficient turnaround.
* Servicing/building Edbro Equipment on trucks etc.
* Maintenance and servicing of stone splitters and vehicle checks.
* Responsible for customer liaison, problem solving and the selling of hydraulic attachments across the counter and on the phone.
* Ensuring that telephone calls are answered promptly in conjunction with the Repairs Manager.
* Being actively involved in maintaining stock records and reporting shortfalls to manager.
* Selling components across the counter and cash handling.
* Carrying out deliveries of goods to customers when appropriate.
* Building hose assemblies and hose kits to order.
* Ensuring that the Repairs area is clean and tidy.
* Adhoc duties as and when required.
You will be a confident communicator as alongside counter work in our clients shop, you will also be responsible for delivering our clients goods out on hire and dealing with servicing on site.
(A current full driving licence is essential.)
Hours - 8.00am-4.30pm Monday to Thursday (3.30pm Friday.)
Overtime and Saturday Mornings when required.
Key Skills required: -
1) A broad based engineering background is an advantage.
2) Practically minded and have the commitment to see a job through.
3) The ability to understand a cylinder’s component parts