IT Support Specialist
Posted on Jun 17, 2019 by CV-Library
Key Requirements & Accountabilities:
1. Provide support to all Users of Hardware, Software and IT services including network connectivity, remote working, mobile and office telephones.
2. Responsible for the building, maintaining and troubleshooting of Windows clients.
3. Management of the LAN ensuring high availability of the local infrastructure (i.e. UPS and Server Room).
4. Leading/working in a team for project related work, working closely with the Parent Company IT Head office team in Hamburg..
5. Provide 1st/2nd line support for standard applications – Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2012 R2, Active Directory, and O365.
6. Monitor and respond to requests in the ticketing system.
7. Determine specifications of all IT related Hardware (i.e. PCs, Laptops, Printers, Servers, Cisco Switches, CCTV, door access, iPhone, and iPads) and the sourcing and purchasing (in conjunction with the company purchasing function), configuration and installation.
8. Responsibility for the contract management of all IT related service providers including Video Conference, Photocopiers, CCTV, Door Access, Land and Mobile communications.
9. Plan, facilitate and support any office moves and/or layout changes working closely with departments.
10. Configure new starter setups across all IT systems, applications and devices.
11. Support all production environment Hardware (i.e. Scanners, MES, and digital signage).
12. Networking support including WI-FI, VPN, firewalls, Cisco switches, Unify telephony system, Web filtering and email filtering support.
Ideally you will be educated to Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications (MSCA, VCP), ITIL foundation and will have 3+ years hands-on IT experience ideally working within the manufacturing sector. You will have a solid working knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 10, 7 clients and 1st/2nd Line support, experience in working with SAP, Cisco Prime, Mobile Device Management (Airwatch), Telephone system support/management (Unify), Handheld scanners, WLAN support and management and be experienced in the delivery of end user training.
Skills & attributes required:
• Customer focussed and professional manner with excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Proven technical ability and effective organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads in a timely and accurate manner.
• Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget whilst maintaining services levels.
• Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
• 8.45am to 4.45pm (with 30 minutes for lunch)
• Monday to Friday
£22k - £28k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£25k - £28k Annual
£40k - £40k Annual
£28k - £30k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual