Process Safety Engineer - Rotherham
Posted on Jun 17, 2019 by CV-Library
Liberty Speciality Steels, a division of Liberty Steel plays a significant part to this plan. We are the largest recycler of Steel in the UK and through using Electric Arc Steelmaking, Vacuum Induction Melting, Mill processing and our dedicated service centres, we are able to produce and supply a variety of high-value precision-engineered products for Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Industrial Engineering, Bar and Narrow Strip.
Liberty Speciality Steels is a global supplier focused on a wide variety of carbon, alloy and stainless steels meeting the needs of demanding applications around the world.
We are recognized experts in engineering steels technology, manufacture and applications through high quality electric arc steelmaking, world class re-melting facilities and established mill processing capabilities. We are environmentally conscious and the UK’s largest consumer of recycled steel. We are committed to safety, employee development and local community initiatives and offer careers in a wide ranging number of Engineering and Support function disciplines.
About the role:
We are currently recruiting for a Process Safety Engineer for our Sheffield and Rotherham sites. Within the role you will be responsible for developing people and systems to ensure we meet the highest internal and external process safety standards. This will include monitoring, and investigating where necessary process safety performance and the facilitation of the delivery of process safety improvement plans within the manufacturing units.
* You will be providing advice on Process Safety standards and systems, as well as coaching and supporting manufacturing teams in risk analysis techniques.
* You will also deliver training modules associated with Process Safety and COMAH, as well as leading or participating in incident investigations, facilitating Process Safety Meetings and taking ownership and management of Process Safety documents and databases.
* The incumbent of the role will be based within Health & Safety team covering ours site in Sheffield and Rotherham.
* Reporting to the Health & Safety Manager, the purpose of the role is to provide support to the Speciality business in one or more areas of Process Safety Expertise and Management so as to develop the Businesses capability to effectively manage process safety risks.
To be successful you will be:
* We are looking for chemical, electrical or mechanical engineers who are chartered/working towards chartership with substantial operational experience and understanding of process safety practices and principals.
* Applicants will have a good understanding of Process Safety management and COMAH (Seveso III)
* Demonstrate level of professional competence in process safety speciality (e.g. PHR HAZOP, Risk assessment, LOPA, SIL, OBRA, MOC, DSEAR, Human factors, Emergency Preparedness etc).
* Beyond this, we'll depend on your effective communication and influencing skills and ability to meet the health and process safety demands of a growing business with your broad knowledge of various engineering disciplines.
* Candidates will have the ability to facilitate and lead risk assessment processes. You will have a clear vision of excellence in Process Safety and experience and competence in core safety subjects such as risk assessment and management systems.
* A good understanding and knowledge of Health Safety Legislation with experience of adhering to SWP’s, risk assessments, procedures and permit systems
* Good level of problem solving awareness
* Competitive salary and benefit package
* Private Medical
* Generous pension scheme
* Various Retail discounts