Assistant Civil Engineer
Posted on Jun 17, 2019 by CV-Library
The person they appoint will receive relevant training and guidance to become an Engineer / Project Manager. You will be expected to assist with the efficient running of the Engineering department, preparing detailed computerised design packages, management of drawings (inc. printing, folding, drawing issues, new job establishment, filing), supporting the functions of the department.
Key Responsibilities will include the following;
• Support the engineers / project managers in the timely issue of full engineering design packages for sites in line with company budgets.
• Assist in the design and preparation of engineering drawings to cover roads, sewers, house drainage, re-grade, services, setting out data, S38 and S104 plans, combined services, street lighting, external works plans, conveyance plans etc.
• Assist in the provision of engineering support for sites and other in house departments.
• Assist with the management of external engineering consultants for site investigations, design packages, foundation designs, retaining structures, land remediation and validation of contaminated sites etc.
• Assist in the preparation of technical approval submissions and negotiations with highway, drainage and statutory authorities to obtain all necessary approvals, agree terms and conditions and secure formal adoption agreements etc.
• Within defined company boundaries seek to obtain benefit from new products, processes and technology.
• In addition to the above, you will be asked to undertake a variety of additional jobs and tasks. These will be varied and will need to be managed in conjunction with your key activities of responsibility.
To be considered for this position, you must have at least 2-3 years’ experience in the design of adoptable and private drainage systems and the completion of external works levels designs for residential developments. A working knowledge of CAD and similar design packages is compulsory. It is required you have a full driving licence and own a car.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary plus package (negotiable dependent on experience).
To apply, please call (phone number removed) for more information.
£25k - £33k Annual
£27k - £30k Annual
£23k - £28k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual