Senior Systems Engineer
Posted on Jun 17, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: £40,000- £50,000
Currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer needed for a Defence and Marine Engineering Consultancy based in Bristol. You will be joining a growing systems engineering team. The successful applicant will receive exposure and experience working on large scale projects with opportunities to advance their career in the field of systems engineering
* 25 days holiday per year increasing to 26 days after 3 years of service.
* Life Assurance
* Sick Pay Entitlement
* Group Personal Pension Scheme
* Private Medical Insurance
* Income Protection
* Employee Share Scheme
* Child Care Vouchers
* Personal Achievement Training
* Eye Test
* Cycle To Work Scheme
Knowledge, Skills and Experience of the Senior Systems Engineer:
* Knowledge of SysML (Systems Modelling Language);
* Degree qualified engineer (or equivalent)
* Experience in a professional engineering environment, be familiar with engineering processes and possess a strong appreciation of systems engineering fundamentals
* Support domain specialists in the definition and management of subsystem black box, white box and system interface diagrams.
* Support design reviews and workshops to gain acceptance of the company designs from customer and project team stakeholders;
* To capture voids in designs and present these to stakeholders.
* Other ad hoc tasks as agreed with the line manager or work package lead.
* Provide technical representation for the company to customers and suppliers and deputise for the technical manager on occasions;
The following are desirable attributes for the role:
* Knowledge of MODAF and DODAF architectural frameworks;
* Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
* To “fill gaps" in the engineering team by quickly understanding wider engineering areas (outside of specialism) to support design and understand engineering strategies - EMC, Safety, ILS, etc.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Systems Engineer:
* Definition and management of system level requirements;
* Management of Verification and Validation (V&V) evidence and understand the importance of tracability to customer requirements;
* Experience of managing system level compliance documentation and management of concessions;
* Reviewing and communicating the impact of changes to the technical baseline;
* Development of V&V test plans;
* To review the verification evidence received from key suppliers for compliance, either personally or through liaison with suitably qualified experienced personnel;
* Support lower level decomposition of requirements traceable to customer requirements;
* Produce and support adjacent functions in the definition of system and equipment specifications.
* Production of acceptance and selection criteria; and the technical evaluation of supplier responses.
* Engineering Process:
* Experience of managing technical queries and the engineering change management process;
* Collaborate with other business functions to produce and review engineering work packages and associated work breakdown structures.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
£45k - £50k Annual
£0 - £50 Hourly
£90k - £100k Annual
£44 - £45 Hourly