Clinical Laboratory Scientist III (FT), Lab-Molecular Pathology - Days
Posted on Jun 17, 2019 by Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Performs a variety of specialized lab tests.
- Operates, maintains, and attempts to correct malfunctions of a variety of lab instruments and procedures.
- Trains bench personnel and MT students in bench procedures and advanced theory.
- Assists with developing new procedures and updating existing procedures.
- Identifies when a QC problem exists, and follows basic action plan when QC results are not appropriate.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
ü Associate's degree with MLT (Medical Laboratory Technician) (ASCP), HT (Histotechnician) (ASCP), or the equivalent in education and clinical laboratory experience required with 4 years of laboratory experience (as a CLS I or comparable position) or a Bachelor's degree with MT (Medical Technologist) (ASCP), HTL (Histotechnologist) (ASCP), or the equivalent in education and clinical laboratory experience required with 2 years of laboratory experience (as a CLS II or comparable position).
ü The ability to produce accurate work under pressure, while handling changing volumes of work, and tight deadlines.
ü The ability to organize time and prioritize tasks.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: