Clinical Laboratory Scientist III (FT), Lab- Nights
Posted on Jun 17, 2019 by Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Performs a variety of laboratory tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
1. Performs a variety of specialized lab tests.
2. Operates, maintains, and attempts to correct malfunctions of a variety of lab instruments and procedures.
3. Trains bench personnel and MT students in bench procedures and advanced theory.
4. Assists with developing new procedures and updating existing procedures.
5. Identifies when a QC problem exists, and follows basic action plan when QC results are not appropriate.
6. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
ü Associate's degree with MLT (Medical Laboratory Technician) (ASCP), HT (Histotechnician) (ASCP), or the equivalent in education and clinical laboratory experience required with 4 years of laboratory experience (as a CLS I or comparable position) or a Bachelor's degree with MT (Medical Technologist) (ASCP), HTL (Histotechnologist) (ASCP), or the equivalent in education and clinical laboratory experience required with 2 years of laboratory experience (as a CLS II or comparable position).
ü The ability to produce accurate work under pressure, while handling changing volumes of work, and tight deadlines.
ü The ability to organize time and prioritize tasks.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: