Posted on Jun 17, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: UK Mobile (role requires working at a variety of locations and extensive travel should be expected)
‘Project Engineer’ is responsible for the installation, integration and configuration of CAPITA software solutions. Working within the Project Engineering Department, the customer base is predominantly, but not exclusively, public safety organisations in the UK and increasingly overseas. The role will include but is not limited to, the deployment of hardware (clients and servers), installation and configuration of software (CAPITA and 3rd Party) and fault finding. Active Directory management and competence in basic networking tasks would be advantageous.
The role can involve an amount of autonomous work but a team of peers is available for support if this is required. Many projects will involve working with a larger team of engineers, possibly under the direction of a Lead Project Engineer or other senior departmental member. Training on the installation of CAPITA specific software solutions will be provided.
What you will do:
* Installation, integration and configuration of computer- based communication systems at both hardware and software levels on both server and client platforms.
* Fault finding computer- based communication systems at both hardware and software levels.
* Liaison with in-house teams on technical subjects as required and with colleagues undertaking other roles within the project scope.
* Writing, reviewing and updating technical documentation to high standards.
* Complete all activities within set deadlines and report appropriately any difficulties to achieve delivery milestones.
* Present a professional approach and attitude to all work undertaken.
* Promote a clean working environment
* Adhere to all Health and Safety practices, rules and regulations and report any issues to your health and safety representative.
Your experience will include:
* Communications, Electronics or Computer Science Diploma and/or equivalent professional certification in IT.
* Microsoft Server Architecture build and configuration.
* Understanding the install, configuration and fault-finding of Windows Client and Server operating systems.
* Knowledge of core networking principles such as TCP/IP with a view to supporting a CISCO Switch and Router based environment.
* A good understanding of Domain Architecture.
* A good understanding of Network attached Storage, configuration and management.
* The role holder will be required to work professionally in liaison with a number of internal teams to coordinate various activities and gather / provide information required to complete the tasks at hand.
* Training on the installation of CAPITA specific software solutions will be provided.
* The role holder is responsible for following, and where required producing or editing, work instructions while continually following and updating all CAPITA Engineering documentation and procedures.
* The role will require working both in a team setting and also, potentially autonomously where projects dictate a limited engineering requirement. An increasing level of autonomy is typically achieved after some time in post and suitable experience has been gained.
CAPITA’s two main business unit sites are at Chippenham in Wiltshire and Portsmouth in Hampshire but the majority of time is likely to be spent at customer sites which are UK wide and in numerous countries globally. The nature of overseas working may require the role holder to spend extended time in other countries but this is likely to be the exception with the majority of work in the UK. The role can involve extensive customer contact on both a technical and non-technical level requiring a professional and adaptable approach to communications.
Please Note - The successful applicant must be eligible to go through required Vetting /Security clearance process.
* Knowledge of Virtualised server environments such as Hyper-V and VMWare VSphere
* Awareness of WSUS Critical updates
* CISCO networking experience
* Knowledge of Analogue/Digital Telephony.
* Installation practices - Patch cabling, wiring.
* An understanding of Windows Deployment Service (WDS)
* Understanding of database environments especially Microsoft SQL Server
About Capita Secure Information Solutions
Capita Secure Information Solutions is a market leading developer and supplier of communications and IT systems across the Public Safety and Criminal Justice sectors. Through our various product and service offerings, we have developed an in-depth understanding of the special operational and communication needs of the emergency services.
Capita Secure Information Solutions capabilities include: systems integration, application development and maintenance, deployment and support, network planning and support, mobile data, command and control systems, dynamic call handling and outsourced managed services.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day’s holiday (rising to 27), and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership