Posted on Jun 16, 2019 by CV-Library
The specialist will work on:
* Plan the transition of 111 online which needs to become a locally managed service
* Provide guidance and consolidated feedback from local areas as well as recommendation in relation to the implementation and testing of future changes to NHSD’s 111 online product
* Provide recommendation to the product team to surface changes and ensure this additional functionality is safely and effectively implemented at a local level
* Develop tools and collateral to support the implementation of key changes and functionality to 111 online
* Develop, coordinate and execute testing schedules working with local providers and Directory of Service leads.
London based - with remote working, with a requirement to meet stakeholders at the various locations.
Essential skills and experience
* Expert knowledge of implementing change at CCG and STP level including a good understanding of NHS structures. Familiarity both with the UEC structures and the individuals.
* Understanding of the Digital Transformation agenda and national policy for Urgent and Emergency Care, specifically Integrated Urgent Care
* Having extensive experience with NHS commissioning or procurement processes, stakeholder relations, and project management.
* Experience related to case management and patient transfer processes
* Demonstrable experience of working within a fast-paced environment, conducting stakeholder management activities while reconciling conflicting information; excellent written and verbal communications skills, experience of producing reports for MDT audiences.
* Excellent planning skills and ability to work with conflicting priorities.
£714 - £715 Daily
£48k - £50k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£65k - £65k Annual
£50k - £65k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£530 - £589 Daily
£589 - £589 Daily