Business Development Manager (Defence)
Posted on Jun 15, 2019 by CV-Library
We deliver tailored, integrated solutions that are critical to customers' ability to deliver effective operations. An intrinsic expertise in system engineering and project management enables MASS to deliver through-life capability in the form of high technology solutions, training and trusted managed services, underpinned by a contract research and development capability.
We are looking for a skilled Business Developer with Maritime experience and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The ideal candidate will be adept at building strong relationships with strategic customers, identification and qualification of opportunities in order to achieve annual targets.
* Support the delivery of strategic plans to ensure the achievement of assigned targets, aligned with the Companies business plan.
* Identify and develop new relationships that lead to new opportunities in existing and new markets.
* Identify emerging trends and markets and influence the alignment of company capabilities to capitalise on early entry opportunities.
* Ensure delivery of allocated campaign plans and pursuit of opportunities to meet annually assigned revenue and order targets.
* Promote the company’s capabilities across the defence / non-defence markets covering all PR aspects including website and social media.
* Accountability for the performance and results of allocated campaigns.
* Input into the monthly business development report, forecasting orders and revenue at the company level taking a balanced view of risks and opportunities;
* Undertake other tasks to support the Defence Business Development team where required;
* Comply with Company policies and procedures (including the Business Management System)
* Adhere to the MASS values.
Mandatory Skill Requirements
* Business Development and Channel/Account Management experience within the Defence markets with a strong record of achievement.
* in-depth knowledge of the Maritime domain.
* Strong communication including written, oral and presentational.
* Strong interpersonal skills with an aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organizational levels.Aptitude and enthusiasm to play a key role in developing the business segment.
* Motivated and confident negotiator with the ability to ‘close the deal’. Naturally proactive with an ability to grow the existing business and to develop new business opportunities.
* Knowledge of commercial, legal and risk management.
* Experience of working in UK and overseas markets.
* Strong customer/stakeholder relationship management skills.
* Capable of hands-on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions.
* Ability to use own initiative.
* Extremely well organised and with the ability to effectively prioritise tasks.
* Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
MASS are an equal opportunities employer