Business Development Manager
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by CV-Library
£37k - £42k Permanent Full Time - Alongside a generous base salary and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities. With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
Benefits include 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays, Holiday transfer – up to 5 days each year, Flexible holiday scheme – purchase or sell up to 5 days of holiday each year, Childcare vouchers – up to £220 per 4 week period, Free eye tests (and VDU glasses if required), Free Life Insurance benefit (up to £10,000), Personal development scheme, Personal Accident Insurance, Professional qualification sponsorship scheme, Flexi-time – as agreed with Line Manager, Life Assurance Cover of Four Times your Salary, Critical Illness Cover, Hospital Cash Plan
Our client are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. They are a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
As a Bid Writer you will play an integral part of the Business Development function charged with leading and developing the Business Development Strategy.
The team monitors markets, develops viable operational delivery models and successfully bids for new contracts through predominantly public sector large scale procurement exercises. With existing successful operations in integrated health services and the National Diabetes Prevention Programme, this role will make a significant contribution to the growth of the business the health and wellbeing sector.
You will conduct research into customer demographics, labour market, health and economic factors to support informed recommendations and decision making and delivery proposals that are fluent, persuasive and deliverable
Required skills and experience
* First degree or equivalent qualification in a literate and analytical discipline
* Experience gained working in a highly commercial operational environment in which a focus is maintained on the cost and bottom line impacts of everything that is done.
* Experience in translating networked and other market intelligence into digestible reports or publications and clear, well argued, focused and actionable business proposals.
* A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma.
* GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
* Demonstrable high level analytical skills working with complex process documentation or large volumes of statistical or financial data.
* Bid writing
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated in the compelling and persuasive communication of complex business concepts, operational delivery models or innovative proposals, gained in an environment in which the production of high quality written material has been essential to your role or the activity of your employer.
* Experience in the clear, crisp verbal presentation of business recommendations to time pressured and high level audiences.
* Demonstrates strong administration skills, good IT skills, including the use of Microsoft packages such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
Desirable Personal Attributes:
* Experience of working in the health sector
To apply for the role of Bid Writer London please email your cv to
Tina Lacey Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency dedicated to the skills, training and welfare to work sectors nationally. We are committed to giving full free pre-interview advice and guidance right throughout the interview process
£60k - £70k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£35k - £50k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual