Mechanical Design Change Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by CV-Library
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
We’re on a mission to make Engineering the first thing that springs to mind when you think of Ocado. We’re trailblazing when it comes to robotics and automated logistics solutions and with our rapid company growth, now’s the time to join us and be part of the ‘Ocado Revolution’.
We now operate across 3 continents, have partnered with multiple retailers (with plans for more) and are working on building new state of the art Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, as well as designing and manufacturing everything that goes inside them. This all starts with our Product Development team, which is where you come in.
We’re now looking for a Mechanical Design Change Engineer to join our Design team. In this role you’ll be responsible for developing innovative automation products and equipment required for our CFCs.
What you can expect to be doing:
* Analysis of Change Impact
* Update/change of existing design documentation, including 3D CAD models, 2D Drawings and BOMs
* Update/change of related meta-data within a PDM or PLM environment
* Running CCB meetings including generation of agenda, minutes & approval records
* Reporting on change process KPI
Skills/qualifications we need to see:
* A good Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* A proven track record of the Design Change process and change management tools
* Expert in CAD: Solidworks (experience of Autodesk Inventor would also be advantageous)
* Practical experience and thorough knowledge of BS8888 and associated standards
* Experience of delivering work packages to time and budget constraints
* Process & detail orientated and disciplined in applying defined processes and standards
Want to know more about us?
* Have a click around our dedicated Ocado Engineering website for info on the different departments that make up the Engineering function; what we do, what we’re trying to achieve, how we’re planning to get there and the key people involved that you could be working alongside.
* Why not also give our LinkedIn page a follow so you can keep up to date?
* If YouTube is more up your street, Ocado Engineering has its own channel - take some time out to watch our innovative products in action and hear our people talking about what we do and why you should join us.
If you need more convincing, here’s (some of) what we can offer you:
* Life Assurance
* Private Medical Insurance
* 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
* Employee Assistance Program
* Free Shares
* Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
* Discounted shopping on Ocado, Smart Pass and destination sites