Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
- More than 10 years of professional experience in the management of information technology, including the installation, configuration, operations, monitoring, planning, and maintenance of networks for government agencies and multi-million dollar industry leaders
- Experienced information security professional with expertise in supporting and maintaining secure posture of large and small enterprise through implementing stringent network monitoring, incident response and security assessments
- Network monitoring, detection and troubleshooting
- Incident response and reporting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (with capability to explain technical matters to a non-technical audience)
- Perform deep-dive incident analysis by correlating data from various sources and determines if a critical system or data set affected. Handle incidents as defined in Playbooks and SOPs. They also advise on remediation actions.
- The primary function of Threat Detection is to provide network threat analysis, correlation, and response capabilities by acting as the single point of entry for all incoming events, alerts, or other reporting items.
- Some of the many skills required include the fundamental understanding of computer networking, operating systems and multiple security technology (IDS, Firewalls, Splunk, etc.), ability to detect, correlate and escalate cybersecurity events, provide in-depth analysis, utilize case management, SIEM and similar tools, prepare briefings and reports of findings.
- Extensive experience (5 years) in information security operations and/or related IT operational functions.
- CompTIA Net
- CompTIA A
- CompTIA Security
- CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
Perspecta is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you.