Cyber Security Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The Successful Candidate will have the following skills:
* Conduct technical security planning, testing, verification and risk analysis
* Monitor security critical systems (database, web and email servers) and changes to sensitive computer controls to ensure appropriate administrative actions, investigate and reporting of any irregularities
* Conduct incident prevention, detection, analysis, containment, eradication and aid recovery across IT systems
* Strong knowledge of information security threat landscape regarding existing and emerging vulnerabilities, threats, attach methods and infections
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
* Bachelor's Degree required. Will consider years of experience and/or certifications in lieu of Degree.
* Five years of experience working with Network, application security, preferably in Federal workspaces
* Attention to detail and organization skills is a necessary.
* Ability to communicate verbally and in written form.
* Customer service skills are also strongly desired.
Preferred Training and Certifications: - Cisco certified security administrator; CISSP; Security +
Must have Active Secret Clearance