Applications Programmer / Analyst Technical Specialist
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Joint Engineering Teams - Sustainment (JETS) will provide USCIS with Agile development and maintenance capability to sustain their IT systems. JETS will supply agile development teams to participate in IT maintenance efforts, to include activities necessary for sustaining previously developed systems and applications using Lean processes. The contractor will be part of an ecosystem participating with federal employees and other contractors in a team-based scaled agile approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The Applications Developer (AD) technical lead designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software for the JETS program. The AD works as the technical lead on an agile team to research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. The AD will be responsible for leading the team through an agile process of story development, backlog grooming, and responses to ad-hoc customer priorities.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Analyzes user needs, develops user stories and decomposes to software solutions.
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software. Evaluates effectiveness.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and provides analysis to enhance the applications and architecture.
- Acts as team leader on projects, assigns tasks to team members, and provides training, mentoring and coaching to others on the team.
- Provides status to management, prepares technical summaries and briefings for customer.
- Creates, modifies, and tests code, forms, and script that allow computer applications to run.
- Conducts trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Performs or directs revisions, repairs, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Performs systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Develop programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
- Performs as part of an agile team, utilizing Kanban and Scrum best practices. Collaborates frequently with other team members.
- Responsible for working with Java, services and microservice architecture
- 15+ years of relevant experience, with a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical degree preferred
- Experience in the following technologies and tools: Java, microservices, experience with DevOps and CI/CD technologies
- GitHub or similar repository experience
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
- Experience leading other developers as a technical lead in a software development environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team with quickly adjusting priorities and deadlines
- Oracle/SQL experience
- HTML 5
- JIRA experience
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Experience in Model - View - Presenter or Model - View - Controller design patterns