Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The Perspecta USAVoice Service and Support contract operates and manages an enterprise-class Broadsoft Broadworks-based voice over IP (VoIP) telephony and Unified Communications (UC) solution for a Federal Government client. The client supports its internal organization, and also offers other Department component agencies the option to utilize the USAVoice solution.
We are seeking a Task Manger to be responsible for the coordination and supervision of a specific technical task or function. The Task Manager will ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with project commitments or specific objectives. Will be responsible for day-to-day coordination and administration of tasks by ensuring quality and productivity standards are maintained while meeting client schedules. The Task Manager will coordinate with other contract and subcontract personnel to ensure work moves smoothly from one functional area to another. The Task Manager will work with project managers and/or clients to prepare work schedules and man-hour estimates. Will provide written management or program plans, maintenance and operations instructions, task status analysis, cost reports, and other related documents. Ensures all administrative tools are effectively used to control and accomplish tasks and may provide operations security protection for all sensitive/critical information. Assists with writing manuals and other documentation. Responsible for status and task management reports for area of responsibility. May set up and manage project facilities.
The Task Manager is a dedicated resource responsible for managing multiple projects and tasks supporting one component agency account. Projects and tasks could include:
- Coordinate and supervise new site installations, including scheduling, managing port orders, vendor communications, equipment inventory, license management, and other tasks as needed in coordination with site POC's.
- Handling written and verbal communications associated with the project.
- Managing all project logistics, including inventory management and shipping of related devices, including the RMA process when necessary.
- Providing customer support associated with all aspects of the project.
- Future responsibilities could include equipment configuration and account provisioning, depending on the selected candidates technical acumen.
- BS/BA Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 2 to 5 years of experience.
- Technical acumen in VoIP telecommunications a plus.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge or experience in the Telecommunications industry, particularly carrier experience.
- Experience with BroadSoft a plus.
- Experience supporting a Federal Government contract.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal diplomatically and firmly with a demanding customer.
- US Citizenship required; DoD Top Secret security clearance helpful, but not required.