Task Manager Technical Specialist
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
As an IT/O&M Lab Manager / Engineer you will provide cutting edge services within the Intelligence Community. Candidate will provide end-to-end system lifecycle support for mission systems. Must have a background in servers and laptops, system engineering, Windows, and Linux Operating System. Duties include maintaining a physical lab environments, ensuring patch and maintenance compliance, maintain inventory of hardware, keep documentation current and in compliance, and maintain lab access. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for the customer's lab environment. Ensures designs are compatible with the architecture and allocates requirements to segments. Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. Responsible include ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with project commitments or specific objectives. Responsible for day-to-day coordination and administration of tasks by ensuring quality and productivity standards are maintained while meeting client schedules.
- Experience as a Systems Engineer with Systems Administrator Experience
- Experience as a Lab Manager
- Possess technical problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Experience with server and laptop patching and maintenance
- Knowledgeable with Windows and Linux operating systems and Shell Scripting
- Ability to facilitate technical discussions and lead conversations in an open forum
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and presenting PowerPoint presentations
- Demonstrated experience in creating technical documentation (requirements, designs, etc.) for complex systems
- Good time management
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and within groups.
- Knowledgeable ability to maintain System Security Plans and ConOps
- Familiar inventory process
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.