Information Assurance Engineer (Journeyman)
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers. Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter. Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need for a Information Assurance Engineer (Journeyman) in the Belleville, IL area.
Perspecta is currently looking for dedicated, dependable, and reliable Journeyman Level Information Assurance Engineer's to support the upcoming GSMO-II contract with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). DISA provides network operations management support to its national security customers via Department of Defense (DoD) Information Networks/Defense Information System Network (DODIN/DISN) capabilities which are deployed and operated worldwide. DODIN/DISN capabilities are functionally a system-of-systems entity that is in a continuing sustainment phase of its life cycle.
• Provides technical and programmatic Information Assurance Services to internal and external customers in support of network and information security systems.
• Take actions to plan/implement/close security gaps, or findings of vulnerability; develop and execute POAMs
• Implement and monitor IA requirements, to include patching, alerts, and compliance
• Designs, develops and implements security requirements within an organization's business processes.
• Prepares documentation from information obtained from customer using accepted guidelines such as DITSCAP (DoD Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process).
• Prepares Security Test and Evaluation plans.
• Provides certification and accreditation support in the development of security and contingency plans and conducts complex risk and vulnerability assessments.
• Analyzes policies and procedures against Federal laws and regulations and provides recommendations for closing gaps.
• Develops and completes system security plans and contingency plans.
• Recommends system enhancements to improve security deficiencies. Develops, tests and integrates computer and network security tools.
• Secures system configurations and installs security tools, scans systems in order to determine compliancy and report results and evaluates products and various aspects of system administration.
• Conducts security program audits and develops solutions to lessen identified risks.
• Develops strategies to comply with privacy, risk management, and e-authentication requirements.
• Provides information assurance support for the development and implementation of security architectures to meet new and evolving security requirements.
• Evaluates, develops and enhances security requirements, policy and tools.
• Provides assistance in computer incident investigations.
• Performs vulnerability assessments including development of risk mitigation strategies.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors degree (or equivalent work experinece) required, preferably in computer science, engineering or related area of study
• 1 years experience in relevant technologies, products and customer environments
• DoD 8570 certification at IAT, IAM or IA SAE level II certification
• DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for Singe Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
• Requires at least 5 years of relevant IT experience
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Familiarity with the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes
• Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS