Cyber Research Scientist
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Perspecta Labs delivers world class cyber research and engineering to government agencies, telecom carriers, utilities, and commercial enterprises. Drawing on its Bell Labs heritage, Perspecta Labs excels at creating innovative technologies and services to solve the most difficult and complex problems, shaping the state of the art in government and commercial cyber security. We are looking for candidates with a strong background in software development and networking for Full-Time positions in our Cyber Security research group. Candidates will work with teams to research, conceive, and develop prototypes, and should be adept at identifying successful approaches to complex problems. Research areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Full-spectrum cyber operations, including CND, CNE, CNA, and CNO.
- Program analysis, including understanding, vulnerability identification, and remediation
- Software-defined networking for cyber defense and deception
- Cryptographic techniques for assured computation
- Symbolic logic and theorem proving for automating network configuration
- Wired and wireless systems architectures and protocols
(autonomous control, adaptive networking, cognitive radios, mobile applications)
- Application of mathematic, statistics, and linguistics to large data sets to uncover patterns, extract information and gain understanding
- Artificial intelligence (reasoning, probabilistic inference, machine learning)
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Ability and desire to quickly acquire knowledge of new subject matter areas
- Expertise in one or more of the following languages/platforms:
C, C++, Python, Go, Lisp, Prolog, Java, SDN, SDR, RTOS, FPGA
- Working knowledge of Linux, Mac, Windows, and mobile
operating systems, platforms and internals
- US Permanent Resident (US citizen preferred), this requirement is due to the fact that much of our work is done pursuant to federal government contracts that require this status
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Familiarity with the principles and technologies used in wired and wireless networks
- Experience with compute and network emulation, containerization, and virtualization
- Expertise in one or more of the following tools:
HexRays IDA, Binary Ninja, Angr, OllyDBG, WinDbg, Cuckoo Sandbox, Metasploit, CobaltStrike, CORE, MiniNet, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- Experience/interest in business development including idea generation, whitepapers, and proposals
- Active security clearance