Full Stack Software Applications Developer Technical Specialist
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Joint Engineering Teams - Sustainment (JETS) will provide USCIS with Agile development and maintenance capability to sustain their IT systems. JETS will supply agile development teams to participate in IT maintenance efforts, to include activities necessary for sustaining previously developed systems and applications using Lean processes. The contractor will be part of an ecosystem participating with federal employees and other contractors in a team-based scaled agile approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
As a full-stack Applications Developer (AD) technical lead, will be responsible for the design, development, enhancement, and implementation of software for the JETS program. The lead must work with the entire development team, to include web, back-end and database interfaces to ensure an integrated solution. The lead is the technical innovator on an agile team to research, test and build the conversion and/or integration of new solutions using the latest CI/CD technology (Angular, AWS, etc).. The JETS program is at the forefront of DevSecOps and the technical lead will be responsible for application delivery management through an agile process of user story development and rapid responses to critical customer challenges.
- 15+ years of relevant experience, with a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical degree preferred
- Full-stack experience in software development, to include the following technologies and tools: Java, C#, object oriented design, and modern web frameworks (such as Angular, React/Redux, Node.js, and SCSS)
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD technologies
- Experience with new technologies, such as AWS microservices
- Experience working in an agile environment, with Scrum or Kanban
- GitHub experience
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
- Experience working as a team or technical lead in a software development environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team with adjusting priorities and deadlines
- Experience with database design and development, specifically Oracle and SQL
- Experience with modernization of an IT system or program and transformation to the cloud
- Implementation of PaaS and CaaS platforms
- Virtualization/Containerization working experience
- Experience with the following:
- HTML 5
- AWS certification
- Experience in Model - View - Presenter or Model - View - Controller design patterns
- Experience working in an agile team, scrum master role