Senior Network Security Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
This position will be part of a team of network security engineers operating in a converged IP environment who are responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization, and maintenance of the enterprise network and security infrastructure. The incumbent is expected to act as a senior network security engineer on various technical projects including but not limited to security infrastructure consolidation and integration, architecture redesigns and updates, as well as routine security related operational responsibilities.
- Provide technical expertise and assist with security infrastructure integration and consolidation efforts across multiple network environments.
- Oversees the day-to-day health of the enterprise and customer security infrastructure, with a focus on assuring stability, capacity and organizational productivity. The network is a converged IP network carrying data, voice and video with a security stack comprising of network taps, IDS/IPS, web content filtering and nextgen firewall devices.
- Provide advanced application level support for the resolution of security related requests.
- Addresses and resolves complex technical problems relating to the installation, upgrade, and daily operation of local and regionally distributed security infrastructure across multiple data centers.
- Interface with customers, vendors, and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements relating to the Perspecta as well as customer network and security infrastructure.
- Works closely with the network systems director to establish and deliver consistent technical direction, collect and analyze performance metrics, establish and enforce service level agreements.
- Document engineering standards and proposals, leads or assists in the development of security architecture/engineering designs, changes, and configuration management.
- Assist in evaluating current and emerging security technologies, conducts technical assessments, and makes recommendations to Information Technology managers and customers.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills in addition to the ability to effectively manage and prioritize individual projects and tasks. Possess superior written and oral communication skills. Solid vendor management skills are required. Position may require occasional travel to other Perspecta locations throughout the continental U.S.
This position is part of the after-hours on-call rotation and will require occasional after- hours, weekend and holiday work. Successful candidate must be flexible, with the ability to work independently as a project lead, part of the team or individual basis.
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
- hands-on experience in the implementation and administration of complex, multi-location, multi-vendor, converged voice/data networks in a geographically distributed environment.
- Strong experience with a broad range of security products, including but not limited to Palo Alto, Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper, Gigamon, Sourcefire, Bluecoat.
- Experience with client-to-site & site-to-site VPN technologies is a must.
- Experience with design and deployment of security products in Microsoft Azure and AWS clouds.
- Knowledge of FedRAMP, FISMA, NIST, STIG, CIS, and other IT security and compliance frameworks, regulations, and control libraries.
- Experience with NAC/NAP technologies such as Microsoft, Aruba or Cisco ISE is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with the implementation and use of network and security monitoring, fault management and performance analysis tools, including Syslog, SNMP, Qradar, Splunk, Solar winds, Scrutinizer etc.
- Creative problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and ability to "think outside the box"
- Significant experience with network security concepts, and technologies including, but not limited, to SSH, IPSec, RADIUS, TACACS, firewall policies, and 802.1x.
- CCNA, CCNP, CISSP and other relevant security certifications are highly desired.