Front End Developer Technical Specialist
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Perspecta is looking for a Front-end Web Developer to join our team in Arlington, VA. The developer will be a critical part of our multi-discipline, agile team building and enhancing modern web applications. Perspecta's Joint Engineering Teams - Sustainment (JETS) Benefits contract provides the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) with full software lifecycle support services. We not only upgrade and sustain previously-developed systems, we innovatively develop new solutions to meet emerging customer needs. Our teams work collaboratively with government customers and other contractors in a flexible and scalable approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, and with high quality.
The Front-End Web Developer Technical Lead will be responsible for the design, development, enhancement, and implementation of web and UI software for the JETS program. The lead must work with the entire development team, to include back-end and database interfaces to ensure an integrated solution. The lead is the technical innovator on an agile team to research, test and build the conversion and/or integration of new solutions using the latest CI/CD technology (Angular, AWS, etc.). The JETS program is at the forefront of DevSecOps and the technical lead will be responsible for application delivery management through an agile process of user story development and rapid responses to critical customer challenges.
The developer lead will work closely with user experience (UX) designers and business analysts (BAs) to design and develop interfaces with clean code and in alignment with current best practices. The lead will work with Technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and client stakeholders to develop strategies and specifications to improve the performance, usability, and effectiveness of user interface functionality utilizing aUser Centered Design approach. The developer will participate in client meetings, team collaborations, and document best practices to develop, troubleshoot, debug, and implement front-end software code for components of the user interface.Responsibilities:
- Develop user interfaces and participate in UI/UX design meetings;
- Build and maintain web applications that use modern web frameworks such as Angular, React/Redux, Node.js, and SCSS;
- Build unit and integration tests for user interfaces using Jasmine and Karma within the Angular framework;
- Work with the services team to design RESTful APIs that user interfaces will leverage for dynamic content;
- Demonstrate technical issues clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences that may include the customer, and
- Provide software demonstrations and technical presentations to the customer.
- 15+ years of relevant experience, with a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or other Technical degree preferred or equivalent experience;
- Experience in HTML 5, CSS 3, LESS, SASS and responsive web standards;
- Solid web application fundamentals (data structures, TCP protocols) and desire to engage and contribute on scalable front-end architecture;
- Experience using Git, Jenkins, and AWS deployment strategies, and
- Must be comfortable interfacing with the client for software demos, and meetings;
- Strong ability to juggle multiple priorities;
- Previous background in building web user interfaces for large datasets;
- Experience using prototyping tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, and
Adobe XD a plus;
- Experience working in an Agile development team, and
- Familiarity or experience with DHS, specifically USCIS is a plus.
- Experience writing user interface unit and integration tests in Jest, Mocha, Karma, Jasmine, or other test frameworks, is a plus.