Test Engineer I
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Joint Engineering Teams - Sustainment (JETS) will provide USCIS with Agile development and maintenance capability to sustain their IT systems. JETS will supply Agile development teams to participate in IT maintenance efforts, to include activities necessary for sustaining previously developed systems and applications using Lean processes. The Contractor will be part of an ecosystem participating with federal employees and other contractors in a team-based scaled Agile approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The Test Engineer is responsible for providing testing solutions for agile teams working on software technology modifications and enhancements for the JETS program. The tester will be responsible for verifying changes made to the system through the execution of manual and automated test scripts to meet established acceptance criteria. The tester will work with other agile teams to understand the updates and be able to articulate and troubleshoot test failures. The tester is part of an agile team to research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. The tester will also be responsible for contributing to an agile process through story development, backlog grooming, and responses to ad-hoc customer priorities.
- Develop manual test scripts and execute automated testing on both web front end and back end systems.
- Perform test validations at various levels including database validation, logging validation, and user interface validation.
- Document and report the results of testing activities.
- Inform team leads and other designated management officials of the results of testing activities.
- Ensure compliance with Section 508.
- Work with agile team members to design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement software.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Analyze user needs, develop user stories and write test cases and test scenarios based on the acceptance criteria defined for the user story.
- Address problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Perform feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Work with developers to resolve problems with software and provide analysis to enhance the applications and architecture.
- Provide interactive debugging of the web based user interface or client server in real time mode.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Perform as part of an agile team, utilizing Kanban and Scrum best practices. Collaborates frequently with other team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other Technical degree preferred and/or 1-4 years of relevant CS/development experience.
- Development experience (C#, Java, web technologies)
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team with adjusting priorities and deadlines
- US Citizenship, eligible to obtain Public Trust Security Clearance
- Experience as a solutions tester with increasing testing responsibilities.
- Hands-on experience with any of the following technologies: QTP, UFT, Selenium, SQL
- Prior working experience with Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Acceptance Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases.
- Experience with microservices
- Pervasive, Oracle experience
- Experience with the following technologies:
- .NET core
- Angular JS
- HTML 5
- GitHub, JIRA experience
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Previous DHS Security Clearance