SharePoint Configuration Administrator
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The primary objective of this Intelligence Community contract is to provide integration and closure; foundational system engineering processes; mission assurance; service management; Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE); & Verification, Validation and Transition (VV&T) systems engineering and technical support services to an Intelligence Community customer that will enable it to execute its responsibilities efficiently and effectively while ensuring mission success.
The SharePoint Configuration Administrator is responsible for implementing and maintaining custom projects in support of the Enterprise Scheduling System (ESS) and the IBM Rational Tool Suite (RTS) to meet the needs of stakeholders in a dynamic environment. The administrator will work with stakeholders to create custom solutions to manage their software development life cycle with ESS and RTS; identify and raise product related defects and coordinate with vendors to get resolution; and participate in any integration activities. This role requires a strong blend of technical expertise, IT Service Management, and communication skills with the ability to influence change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a member of the Digital Engineering Team, the team member will be responsible for the configuration of the COTS application to support tools transition and integration efforts supporting the contractors' and customers' needs.
- Responsible for providing technical support for the SharePoint environment including assessment and implementation of new capabilities, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of SharePoint technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
- Supports sites built on SharePoint 2010 and 2013; manages system security and upgrades.
- Configures and deploys custom solution packages/settings.
- Administers and maintains the structure, content, sites, and subsites.
- Provides SharePoint support to end users and project leaders.
- Assess user requirements; design and configure user interfaces; perform integration testing.
- Designs, develops, evaluates and modifies systems and systems-oriented products.
- Gathers information concerning the capabilities of products; investigates the technical capabilities of products and competing equipment and/or solutions; analyzes customer problems; assists in designing systems to satisfy customer needs.
- Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or a related field (IT/Engineering/etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with team lead to prioritize tasks
- Security + or equivalent certification
- Experience analyzing COTS software capabilities to aid tool integration
- Knowledge of SQL, Java and VBA"
- Must have an active TS/SCI with Poly to start
- Experience evaluating and testing COTS software functionality
- Experience developing and troubleshooting work-flows
- Experience identifying, researching, and testing alternative solutions
- Knowledge of Agile terminology, theories and best practices
- SharePoint 2010 and 2013
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Project Server 2010+