Network Research Scientist
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
We are eager to tap the expertise of an experienced wireless networking scientist to help us research and optimize technology development in wireless network architecture and protocols. The challenges this researcher will help support will center on:
Applied research and technology development in diverse areas related to wireless systems architectures and protocols (adaptive routing, QoS, MAC, autonomous network control, innovative protocol stacks, mobile applications).
Design and development of advanced algorithms and networking software for more efficient and reliable network communications in disconnected, intermittent wireless environments.
Ability to write high quality scientific papers and patent applications.
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Perfers M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong software and systems skills and experience in prototype development (Java, C/C++, Linux shell and network programming, wireless drivers, MAC protocols, adaptive routing).
- 5+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and integrating complex software systems.
- Knowledge of computer networking with emphasis on wireless mobile networks, wireless systems engineering, and Internet technologies (IP protocol stack, transport protocols).
-US Citizenship with ability to obtaina DoD security clearance at the SECRET level or higher.
- Knowledge of military waveforms (e.g., SRW, Link-16, TTNT), including protocol stacks.
Candidate has the preference to work in either Basking Ridge Lab or the Red Bank Lab.