Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need for a Software Engineer, Senior
A Senior Software Engineer has extensive experience and knowledge to design, code, test, debug and document software in a variety of programming languages. Has the knowledge of the latest programming languages and techniques.. Has extensive experience in creating strategies for developing IT systems and applications. Has experience in evaluating alternative approaches and selecting optimal approaches.
The Software Engineer shall provide system engineering support to include:
· Design and manage the complex engineering and integration of the application and/or systems, security, and infrastructure architecture.
· Research, evaluate, develop, and implement innovative IT prototypes and solutions to address director and service line stakeholder viewpoints/goals.
· Monitor enterprise architecture and computer systems to ensure they are working optimally, and to ensure that the hardware and software used are compatible with all appropriate VA and Federal policies and procedures.
· Manage infrastructure software, system and equipment life cycles, requirements engineering, and capacity planning.
· Assist in the development and maintenance of Infrastructure and Application architecture.
· Identify departmental needs and make suggestions regarding technical direction.
· Design, document, and implement System Security and Data Assurance Processes and Procedures.
· Configure and install computer systems as requested by Management.
· Test software applications and systems to ensure they meet the necessary engineering requirements to work in an efficient, effective, and secured manner.
· Analyze and document current and future users' needs.
· Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation on infrastructure, applications, and systems.
· Create manuals and detailed sets of instructions for IT Administrators (Application, System, Data, Network, and Security).
· Create and implement a User Experience (UX) metrics and document in the UX Metrics Report.
· Develop as-is architecture and to-be capability design and technological roadmaps in conjunction with the enterprise architecture team.
· Document and submit weekly accomplishments to be reported under the Weekly Status Report
· Update and maintain the System Engineer Project Portal
· System Security and Data Assurance Processes/Procedures
· Documentation for FSC Infrastructure Application/System
· Manuals/Sets of Instructions for FSC Infrastructure Application/System
· UX Metrics Report
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline and five years of experience. Eight years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Requires the ability to obtain and hold a position of Public Trust following a Background Investigation (BI - High).
$120k - $120k Annual
$110k - $120k Annual
$110k - $120k Annual