Senior Software Developer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The Senior Software Developer, using the SEMC, will anticipate and provide early warning of important emerging risks, issues, opportunities, and time sensitive decisions to I&R and Customer leadership. This individual will collect, integrate, analyze and manage various contract systems engineering data using existing and developing capabilities like Microsoft (MS) Project, Risky Project, MS Dynamics 365, MS Power BI, and commonly used databases. Specifically, this individual will identify and report data trends and anomalies in order to improve existing program management and program integration processes as well as to help justify decisions to significantly change program technical or schedule baselines. This individual will plan, organize and conduct regular coordination and decision-making forums and support to the contract's IMS, RI&O Management, Readiness, Configuration & Change Management, CRM, and CPI Management programs.
• Proficient utilization of the SEMC tool to perform data analysis.
• Perform analysis of the contract program data sets to include: configuration and change management, risk, readiness, schedule, and requirements.
• Provide action-driven recommendations and insights to I&R management, based upon data analysis
• Development of business intelligence reports from multiple data sources.
• Perform requirements and functionality gap analysis.
• Perform data evaluation, integration, cleansing, standardization, and de-duplication.
• Perform processing, data warehousing, and data design.
• Support APMs in planning and technical exchanges between prime contractors, segments, projects and customers.
• Take & publish meeting minutes; Advise PMO & stakeholders on issues.
• Document & support implementation of IMS improvements & best practices.
• Prepare briefing materials.
• Creation of dashboards, visualizations, technical presentations and documents, based on data analysis, for the I&R team and contract management.
• Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions to identify key datasets for collection and analysis.
• Collect data and utilize the following software applications: Aconex, Risky Project, MS Project, MySQL, SharePoint, MS Dynamics 365, and MS Power BI to import and manipulate data sets into the SEMC system.
• Plan, direct or coordinate activities in such fields as electronic data processing, information systems, system analysis, and computer programming.
• Anticipate and provide early warning of important emerging risks, issues, opportunities, and time sensitive decisions to I&R and contract leadership.
• Identify and report data trends and anomalies in order to improve existing program management and program integration processes as well as to help justify decisions to significantly change program technical or schedule baselines.
• Plan, organize, and conduct regular coordination and decision-making forums to support the contract's IMS, RI&O Management, Readiness, Configuration & Change Management, CRM, and CPI.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related disciplines or equivalent work experience.
• At least 3 years demonstrated experience using business intelligence, data analytics, and data science tools to perform a variety of data analyses on large integrated datasets.
• At least 1 year demonstrated experience with relational database structures, data warehousing tools, data mining, data visualization tools, and BI tools.
• TS/SCI clearance
• Software development
• Microsoft Dynamics and Power BI
• Relational databases
• Agile development
• Data warehousing
• Business intelligence
• Experience with extract, transform, load (ETL) processes and tools
$120k - $140k Annual
$120k - $170k Annual