Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
This position will be part of a team of network engineers operating in a converged IP environment who are responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization, and maintenance of the enterprise LAN/WAN/VTC/VoIP & Telco infrastructure. The incumbent is expected to work with the senior network engineers on various technical projects including but not limited to network consolidation and integration, architecture designs and updates, site renovations & relocations as well as routine network related operational responsibilities.
- Provide technical expertise and assist with network integration and consolidation efforts across multiple network environments.
- Oversees the day-to-day health of the enterprise and customer network infrastructure, with a focus on assuring network stability, capacity and organizational productivity. The network is a converged IP network carrying data, voice and video.
- Addresses and resolves complex technical problems relating to the installation, upgrade, and daily operation of local and regionally distributed network hardware and systems.
- Interface with customers, vendors, and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements relating to the Perspecta as well as customer network and systems infrastructure.
- Works closely with the network-engineering director to establish and deliver consistent technical direction, collect and analyze network performance metrics, establish and enforce network service level agreements.
- Document engineering standards and proposals, leads or assists in the development of network architecture/engineering designs, changes, and configuration management.
- Assist in evaluating current and emerging network technologies, conducts technical assessments, and makes recommendations to Information Technology managers and customers.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills in addition to the ability to effectively manage and prioritize individual projects and tasks. Possess superior written and oral communication skills. Solid vendor management skills (circuit installation & troubleshooting, product/circuit procurement) are required. Position may require occasional travel to other Perspecta locations throughout the continental U.S.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- hands-on experience in the implementation and administration of complex, multi-location, multi-vendor, converged voice/data networks in a geographically distributed environment.
- CCNA, CCNP certifications are highly desired.
- Experience with a broad range of Cisco products.
- Understanding of internetworking routing protocols & technologies (TCP/IP, MPLS, VPLS, DMVPN, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, VRRP, HSRP, NHRP).
- Familiarity with data center infra. and experience with Cisco routers (Cisco ISR, ASR series) & switches including but not limited to 35xx, 37xx, 38xx, 45xx, 65xx, Nexus 9xxx, 7xxx, 6xxx, 5xxx, 2xxx & 1xxx series.
- Hands-on experience with the implementation and use of network monitoring, fault management and performance analysis tools, including Syslog, SNMP, NetBrain, Whatsup Gold, Solar winds, Scrutinizer etc.
- Experience with wireless networks.
- Creative problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and ability to "think outside the box"
- Experience with NAC/NAP technologies such as Microsoft or Cisco ISE is a plus.
- Experience with network security concepts, best practices, and technologies including, but not limited, to SSH, IPSec, RADIUS, TACACS, firewall policies, and 802.1x.
- Understanding of Microsoft Back-Office technologies, including, but not limited to Active Directory, IIS, Exchange, and other components.
This position is part of the after-hours on-call rotation and will require occasional after- hours, weekend and holiday work. Successful candidate must be flexible, with the ability to work independently as a project lead, part of the team or individual basis.