Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need for aHardware Technician inAnnapolis Junction, Md.
The Hardware Technician provides Tier 2 and 3 on-site and remote supports for computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment. Conducts sites surveys; assesses and documents current site configuration and user requirements. Analyzes existing requirements and prepares specifications for hardware acquisitions. Prepares engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages. Develops hardware installation schedules. Prepares drawings documenting configuration changes at each site. Prepares site installation and test reports. Configures computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment. Trains site personnel in proper use of hardware. Builds specialized interconnecting cables.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and test computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment
- Install and configure computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment and associated cabling
- Maintain government and/or vendor-manufactured fiber optic modems, multiplexer, fiber optic/Ethernet cables & telephone systems
- Updates technical drawings using AutoCAD software as needed
Minimum education and experience level: High school/GED.
- Experience Installing, repairing and troubleshooting computer hardware and peripherals. Well-versed in installing windows, software, applications, antivirus and patches
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and schematics
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Able to manage time and priorities effectively
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in working with end-users remotely
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Windows 7 and 10
- Familiar with Active Directory security and policies
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills to relate with team members and support workers
- needs to be able to lift 50 lbs and drive a company vehicle.
Required Clearance: 'TS/SCI with Polygraph'
Desired: DoD 8570 IAT Level 1 certification or MTA.