Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The Cybersecurity Engineer reports to the Director of Security Operations within the CISO organization. The position is responsible for running and maintaining Security/SOC tools and assisting with cyber incidents.
The Cybersecurity Engineer will be responsible for working as a team to synergize security operations, tools, and processes for a newly merged company. Areas of responsibility include:
- Assist with the selection, implementation, and monitoring/managing of security tools within a hybrid cloud enterprise to support the CISO organization as well as other organizations in securing the enterprise including:
- SIEM - Support SIEM tool in a complex environment and assist security analysts in building operational processes around the SIEM ecosystem. Maintain and tune SIEM to deliver optimal performance.
- Configure, troubleshoot and leverage security devices such as packet capture, IPS, firewalls, and the FireEye suite of tools.
- Vulnerability Management System
- Apply subject matter expertise in order to:
- Make technical and policy recommendations/decisions that affect corporate security posture, especially as it relates to DFARS (NIST SP 800-171 compliance).
- Investigate, interpret, and respond to technical and/or complex IT security requirements/requests
- Understand placement of network/security infrastructure and visibility requirements for hosts, infrastructure, and network devices.
- Work collaboratively with other teams in the CISO organization as well as within the OCIO to impact change and define an acceptable security posture.
- Close coordination with SOC Analysts/Focused Operations, and Security Architects for security solutions.
- Candidate must have a strong foundation of Network and Security skills, fundamental knowledge of Windows, Linux, and Cisco operating systems, networking protocols, network traffic analysis, and information security.
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA.
-3+ years as a Security Engineer
-Experience supporting government customers or contractors desired.
-Experience supporting a SOC desired.
-Sufficient level of understanding of the multitude of tools required to be managed and implemented by a Security Operations team.
-Experience with SIEM tools and log/IDS management.
-Experience/understanding of NIST cybersecurity controls and frameworks.
-Experience running tools in and supporting Cloud/hybrid cloud and on-prem environments.
-Experience implementing and reviewing corporate-wide security and networking policies and rules.
-Technical certifications are a plus.