Front-End Web Developer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Perspecta is looking for a Front-End Web Developer to join our team in Arlington, VA. The developer will be a critical part of our multi-discipline, Agile, engineering team building and enhancing modern web applications. Perspecta's Joint Engineering Teams - Sustainment (JETS) Benefits contract provides the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) with full software lifecycle support services. We not only upgrade and sustain previously-developed systems, we innovatively develop new solutions to meet emerging customer needs. Our teams work collaboratively with government customers and other contractors in aone-team, flexible, and scalable approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The Front-End Web Developer will provide technical development leadership on the program to solve the customer's many challenges while ensuring solutions comply with the enterprise technical architecture. The developer's team researches, designs, builds, tests, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products and solutions based on government defined requirements. The developer contributes to the Agile process through story development, backlog grooming, and team responses to changes in customer priorities.
The developer will work closely with user experience (UX) designers and business analysts (BAs) to design and develop interfaces with clean code and in alignment with current best practices. In addition, the developer will work with Technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and client stakeholders to develop strategies and specifications to improve the performance, usability, and effectiveness of user interface functionality. Utilizing aUser Centered Design approach, the user interfaces are developed according to design templates supplied by the UX designers. The developer will participate in client meetings, team collaborations, and document best practices to develop, troubleshoot, debug, and implement front-end software code for components of the user interface.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develop user interfaces and participate in UI/UX design meetings;
- Build and maintain web applications that use modern web frameworks such as Angular, React/Redux, Node.js, and SCSS;
- Build unit and integration tests for user interfaces using Jasmine and Karma within the Angular framework;
- Work with the services team to design RESTful APIs that user interfaces will leverage for dynamic content;
- Demonstrate technical issues clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences that may include the customer, and
- Provide software demonstrations and technical presentations to the customer.
- 8 - 10 years experience in software / application development, 5+ years of experience specifically in front-end web development; BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other Technical discipline, or equivalent experience;
- Experience in HTML 5, CSS 3, LESS, SASS and responsive web standards;
- Solid web application fundamentals (data structures, TCP protocols) and desire to engage and contribute on scalable front-end architecture;
- Experience using Git, Jenkins, and AWS deployment strategies, and
- Must be comfortable interfacing with the client for software demos, and meetings.
- US Citizenship and eligibility for Public Trust Security Clearance