Cyber Enterprise Vulnerability and Remediation Engineer IV
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The program provides Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) core and non-core support in the areas of Cyber Security and Management to improve the Information Assurance (IA) posture of a National customer. The contracts Core Capabilities are: IA Management, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) coordination and reporting, Risk Management Framework (RMF) application, IA compliance measurements and metrics, Assessment and Authorization (A&A), Vulnerability Management, and Cyber Defense support.
The Cyber Enterprise Vulnerability and Remediation Engineer IV provides support to the customer in the area of Cyber Security. Daily Tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate and prepare Inspector General (IG) FISMA closure requests from field reps and program Information System Security Engineers (ISSEs)
• Update and manage metrics reporting for several database sources
• Coordinate with RMF stakeholders on closure Body of Evidence (BoE) for Enterprise Vulnerability and Remediation (EVAR) tracked findings
• Prepare and update slides for weekly and monthly deliverables for contract and EVAR meetings
• Research trending vulnerabilities being reported through enterprise security tools
• Support automation activities with system engineers from other offices
• Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
• Current U.S. Government Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
• Favorably adjudicated Counter Intelligence Polygraph
• DoD 8570 certification in IAT or IAM
• Strong analytic and risk management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Basic knowledge of information assurance standards and best practices
• Basic knowledge of systems engineering, acquisition and program management processes
• Hands-on working knowledge of Excel and other database applications
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Self-starter requiring limited direction and supervision
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or an advanced IA certification (i.e. CISSP or CASP)Experience briefing senior customer personnel
• Ability to organize and prioritize numerous customer requests in a fast pace deadline driven environment
• Understanding of NIST 800-53 security controls
• Experience with the RMF process
• Experience with XACTA
• Experience supporting IC or DoD in the Cyber Security Domain
• Working knowledge of Microsoft tools; Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint