Journeyman Computer & Information Systems Manager
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter. Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need for a Journeyman Computer & Information Systems Manager in the Ft Detrick MD area.
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming
- Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
- 5 or more years of experience writing code (such as, and not limited to, Java, C, C , C#, VB.Net; databases like Sql Server/ Oracle; and Testing tools Experience of multiple full release cycles.
- Advanced understanding of modern software development methodologies.
- Advanced understanding of modern software development tools and Software Configuration Management (SCM).
- Advanced understanding of Software Test methodologies, and an expert in testing tools.
- Expert in Database Administration. General Project Management.
- Customer/ Vendor Management.
- Business Analysis. Advanced Web technologies.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills.