Journeyman Computer Systems Engineer/Architect
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. Were a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need for a Journeyman Computer Systems Engineer/Architect in the Ft Meade, MD area.
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns.
- Perform systems management and integration functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems / Computer Science or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Strong experience with infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, hardware, data center, security, network, voice, end user and server / web related applications).
- Strong experience with business Information Technology (IT) applications (e.g. supply chain, customer relationship mgmt, Human Resources (HR), finance) .
- Experience in scripting and / or programming language.
- Experience with implementation, problem analysis and solutioning of infrastructure and business application environments.
- Foundational knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) reference model.
- Exhibits a high level of initiative and integrity.
- Possess creative ability, consulting skills, leadership qualities, credibility and self confidence.
- Demonstrated ability to work with geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and solutions.