Senior Web Architect/Developer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
We at Perspecta are currently seeking a Senior Web Architect/Developer in Washington DC to support our government customer - Public Trust
The Senior Web Architect/Developer will be responsible for the following:
- Ensures alignment of IT strategy and planning with Department goals.
- Develops policies and guidelines for customer support services and manage special projects related to the delivery of IT services.
- Plans for the installation and implementation of new systems and system upgrades.
- Leads teams to respond to customer service problems resulting from catastrophic events.
- Consults with experts to develop integrated action plans and issue technical bulletins with implementation instructions.
- Develops specifications for user instruction manuals based on customers' needs.
- Serves as technical authority for new or enhanced information systems software.
- Assists in planning, directing and coordinating the implementation and execution of approved policies, programs and services related to IT systems.
- Oversees or coordinates the preparation of testing and implementation plans.
- Oversees the migration of systems to the production environment and monitor systems for stability, accuracy and performance.
- Coordinates the common use of core software across multiple platforms and the troubleshooting procedures for related applications.
- Performs feasibility studies in order to develop information systems that meet customer requirements.
- Serves as senior expert on the application of system architecture modeling tools in the architectural planning process.
- Manages network rights and agency-wide access to systems and equipment. SME for all aspects of web architecture, web site user interface design, web development, multimedia, social media (web 2.0), search, measurement, documentation, testing, implementation, configuration and change management.
- Designs and develops the core system components of the web sites and applications, is the lead developer and is experienced in tools such as Mindbreeze, Google Analytics and Drupal
- Ensures web sites and applications are tested and conform to established styles, are securely coded, and are compliant to section 508 of the ADA for accessibility.
- Administers web platform layered products for optimal performance and user experience.
- Resolves complex technical problems and difficult challenges.
- Uses industry best standards.
- Creates and maintains database schemas for web applications as per requirements. Assists CWS with collecting information and preparing documents required in the Certification and Accreditation of its systems.
- Liaises with SDS, the hosting provider, for hardware, software, network, and security issues that affect a website and its availability.
- Assists the GTM and CWS by providing technical expertise in the selection of new products, and implements them.
- Participates in meetings with CWS customers as requested by CWS, clarifies and document's the users' requirements, and estimates the level of effort and resources required.
- Serve as technical authority for new or enhanced information systems software.
- Assist in planning, directing and coordinating the implementation and execution of approved policies, programs and services in compliance with ISO 20000 implementation
- Oversee or coordinate the preparation of testing and implementation plans
- Oversee the migration of systems to the cloud
- Expertise in Github, git, Akmai CDN, New Relic, Drupal, json, Microsoft Azure Cloud, Google Analytics
- Coordinate the common use of core software across multiple platforms and the troubleshooting procedures for related applications.
- Project Management, project planning and assistance in estimating costs for projects
- Develop specifications for user instruction manuals based on customers' needs.
- Evaluate and act on security scans; manage security controls and tools
- Recommend and implement security policies
- Firewall and Blue Coat proxy configuration
- Process SSL security certificates
- Ensure adherence to NIST 800-53 security controls
- Ensure and support security control assessment for the ATO process
- Expertise in security, Infrastructure, and Cloud Hosting(i.e. Azure) for Web technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 10 years of related experience