Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Perspecta is seeking a Geospatial Information System (GIS) Specialist with a background supporting intelligence community missions related to the customer's organization and expertise in collection, processing, analysis, exploitation, and dissemination of spatial information to solve intelligence questions and visually depict knowledge. The successful candidate will have experience using and combining geospatial data in different ways to create interactive/dynamic, customized visual products. Primary duties include creating a dynamic visualization capability from a diverse range of real-time data inputs and continuously improve the ability to convey complex, sometimes confusing data to senior decision makers and other activities. Must have experience with geospatial products in the form of both static or interactive maps as well as geospatial data files.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Experience using different GIS tools and applications for geo-database storage and spatial file output; feature layering and spatial relationships; time slider and custom symbology;
- Experience with data science, mining, and conditioning methods and approaches to produce visualizations and other decision services/products;
- Knowledge of customer databases and systems
- Conceptual, quantitative, organizational, research, written and verbal communication, sound judgment, problem solving, and independent working skills.
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills to work with individuals and organizations, to include varying levels and types (Government, Industry, and Academia).
- Facilitation skills to bring diverse groups together on issues and reach consensus across stakeholders.
- The ability to perform complex analyses and to communicate the results using accurate, concise, and effective writing and through descriptive and graphical representations.
- Technical understanding of intelligence community requirements and contract-specific lines.
- Flexibility in assisting with ad hoc tasks and in adjusting as tasks are re-prioritized.