RN Registered Nurse - Neuro Trauma ICU
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
RN Registered Nurse
Department: Neuro Trauma ICU
Schedule: Full-Time, Night shift. 6:30pm-7am. 36 hours per week.
Location : St. John Medical Center.
Neuro Trauma Intensive Care is a 22-bed unit treating Critically ill patients suffering from trauma injuries, spinal cord injuries, extensive back and abdomen surgeries, neurosurgical surgeries, subarachnoid and other brain injuries as well as recover kidney transplant recipients.
This unit strives to provide the best patient care possible and possesses extremely supportive co-workers. It's more than a team, it's a family!
Why Join Ascension?
St. John Health System, based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, was founded in 1926 by the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother. Beginning with a 50-bed hospital, St. John Health System now incorporates the skills of more than 800 primary care and specialty physicians, 7,000 employees and several medical centers throughout northeastern Oklahoma.
St. John Health System is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Oklahoma Board of Nursing .
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)