Admissions Nurse - RN - Float Pool
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Are you an experienced acute care Registered Nurse who would enjoy floating around the hospital as part of our Admissions team?
IF so, join our amazing team at Saint Agnes Hospital in Baltimore! #Nursing #DreamJob
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. As you embark on the next step in your nursing career, we'd like to invite you to take it with us.
In this particular role you will be part of our team of Admissions Nurses who float throughout the hospital to perform an intake on newly admitted patients. This includes a history, any advanced directives, medication reconciliation and any medical equipment needed. As one of the first clinicians working with the patient you will be a crucial part of making sure that the information we have is correct and that we get their care plan off on the right foot. Your assessment skills, detail orientation, follow through with documentation and EMR database skills will be extremely appreciated in this role. As will your ability to build relationships throughout the hospital yet work autonomously while you juggle multiple competing requests.
Position Type: Full time / benefit eligible
Hours per week: 36 (three 12-hour shifts)
Schedule: 11A - 11:30P
Weekend rotation: Every other Saturday rotation
Holidays: There are no holidays required with this opportunity
What You Will Need
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date.
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date. Or military CPR-First Aid training.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- One year of Registered Nursing experience required (medical surgical, critical care or other fast paced hospital setting
- At least two to five years of work experience as a Registered Nurse in a hospital setting
- Strong computer / EMR database skills
Equal Employment Opportunity