Registered Nurse RN - Observation Unit
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
RN Observation Unit - Observation Unit 001 - Full-Time Night 36 Hours Weekly - Ascension Borgess Hospital - Kalamazoo, MI
7p-7a, Weekends and Holidays per department rotation.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Borgess, you will have the opportunity to provide professional nursing care within Borgess Medical Center. The practice of professional nursing is the systematic application of specialized knowledge and skill, derived from the biological, physical, and behavioral sciences to the care, treatment, counsel and health teaching of individuals who are experiencing changes in normal health processes or who require assistance in the maintenance of health and the prevention or management of illness, injury or disability and demonstrates this through the application of the Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice and Standards of Professional Performance defined by the American Nurses Association. Recognizes that each patient is a unique individual and has the right to quality nursing care that ensures mutual goal setting between the Registered Nurse and the patient and assures patient rights and privacy are protected. Recognizing personal, interpersonal, and social systems, the nursing process facilitates the promotion, maintenance and restoration of an individual's health, incorporating knowledge of growth and development through the life span.
- In collaboration with the patient and/or family, and healthcare team, participates in open discussion to identify mutual goals based on the nursing assessment and nursing diagnosis.
- Diagnoses, treats and evaluates the human response to actual or potential health problems/needs.
- Evaluates the outcomes of the nursing plan of care and revises it as necessary.
- Assesses, detects, monitors and attempts to prevent complications associated with health situations or treatment plans.
- Implements physician's orders using nursing judgment through nursing interventions and coordination of others to do the same.
- Notifies the physician of patient condition and response to nursing intervention appropriately and documents this action.
- Responsible for insuring that patients pain is assessed, treated, reassessed, documented and evaluated.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures for Pain Management.
- Responsible for delegation to other licensed and unlicensed care providers based on clinical nursing judgment and skill of the care provider.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed by the State of Michigan obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- The Registered Nurse must have an Associates of Applied Science in Nursing (AAS) Degree or Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) or RN Diploma at start date. BSN is required within six (6) years of start date. Incumbents hired into position prior to 1/1/2015 are grandfathered with their existing educational degrees.
- 1 year of clinical RN experience preferred. Cardiac experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.