Registered Nurse Orthopedics
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ascension
RN-4 South Ortho/Joint/Spine - Orthopedics Unit 001 - Part-Time,Day - Crittenton Hospitl/Med Ctr - Rochester,MI
SCHEDULE: Part Time Days 7am - 7pm, M-F And Rotating Weekends
*Benefits Eligible Part Time Position
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission: Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is dedicated to enhancing the health status of the individuals and communities we serve in partnership with our physicians, employees and community members.
We are called to:
- Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital you will have the opportunity to
- C ollect comprehensive data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health and/or the situation.
- A nalyze the assessment data to determine the diagnoses or the issues.
- Identify expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
- D evelop a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
- I mplement the identified plan.
- E valuate progress towards attainment of outcomes.
- P ractice ethically.
- A ttain knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
- I ntegrate evidence and research findings into practice.
- C ontribute to quality nursing practice.
- C ommunicate effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
- D emonstrate leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- C ollaborate with healthcare consumer, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
- E valuate your nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statues, rules, and regulations.
- U tilize appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
- P ractice in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- D emonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care to all ages of patients serviced on the unit.
- This position involves direct patient care and supervision of other health care providers. Use and disclosure of personal health information on a " need to know basis" may be necessary for purposes of treatment and hospital operations.
- Perform all other duties and assignments as requested, i.e., special projects and committees.
- Required Credential(s):
- Obtain and maintain BLS certification on completion of hospital orientation required.
- Current State of Michigan Registered Nurse license at time of hire/transfer date required.
- Graduate from an accredit School of Nursing at time of hire/transfer date BSN preferred
- Current, applicable experience of at least one (1) year, within the past two (2) years required. Successful completion of Orthopedic Core Class and Spine Core Class one (1) year of hire or transfer required. Successful completion of twelve (12) hour Telemetry Class within six (6) months of hire or transfer required.
Ascension Rochester Providence Hospital is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Thank you for considering a career with Crittenton Hospital Medical Center.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.