Reprocessing Aide - Sterile Processing
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Reprocessing Aide - Sterile Processing 001 - Full-Time Rotating 40 Hours Weekly - Ascension Borgess Hospital - Kalamazoo, MI
1:00pm to 9:30pm rotates to weekends and hoildays as required.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Borgess, you will have the opportunity to disassemble and decontaminate instruments and equipment to ensure safe handling and proper sterilization. Assembles all instruments floor trays and other products as instructed according to prescribed hospital procedures and techniques. Disinfects package instruments, equipment, and supplies for various methods of sterilization/high level disinfection. Provides various departments with additional assistance related to STAT case carts, intubation boxes, PAPR, Wound Vacs, and linen orders etc. Assigned to a variety of duties and functions in all designated positions in the Main Reprocessing department, SDS Reprocessing and GI Reprocessing independently. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions, as well as communicate effectively verbally and in legible handwriting. Good eyesight and hearing are required skills. Implements and maintains established Medical Center, Care Center, department/unit standards, policies, and procedures. Provides general cleaning and delivery of rolling carts and equipment.
- Successful Completion of orientation.
- Able to complete competency criteria annually.
- Operates all processing machinery.
- Disassembles and decontaminates instruments and equipment to ensure safe handling for proper sterilization.
- Assembles all required instruments according to prescribed hospital procedures and techniques.
- Assigned to a variety of duties and functions in all designated positions in the Main Reprocessing department. SDS Reprocessing independently.
- Deliver and pick up case carts and deliver supplies to main operation room and outpatient surgery as required.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED) required.
- Reprocessing experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.