Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Edward Rose & Sons
Are you a responsible person who enjoys working outdoors? Are you a m otivated self-starter, who takes pride in the work you do? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then we have an excellent opportunity for you!
Beacon Hill Apartments is currently seeking a Groundskeeper who has a keen eye for detail, a proactive attitude, and takes pride in their accomplishments. The right candidate will be responsible for the general upkeep and cleanliness of a section of the apartment community, including parking lots, grounds surrounding the buildings, corridors, stairwells, laundry rooms, and mechanical rooms, if applicable.
Additional job responsibilities:
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Collecting and removing trash as needed.
- Weeding of beds using appropriate tools.
- Monitoring the irrigation system to ensure all grass areas are adequately watered.
- Repairing or replacing sprinkler heads and lines as required.
- Reporting any unhealthy lawn, tree, shrubs and plants to management.
- Edging around trees and landscape borders to maintain a neat appearance.
- Raking grounds and blowing or sweeping sidewalks, and parking lots, as required.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate to residents and co-workers.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds above shoulder height.
- Ability to push or pull up to 80 pounds variable distances.
- Ability to complete daily duties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to access all areas necessary to perform job duties, such as climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing, squatting, twisting and bending for long periods of time.
- Ability to shovel snow and/or clear ice from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread salt in those areas during snow season.
- Ability to work outdoors in temperatures above 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Seeking an energetic and responsible individual who enjoys working outdoors.
- Experience in irrigation is a plus!
- Must adhere to company team apparel policies.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Must possess a dependable means of transportation and valid driver's license.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.