Pharmacy Manager - General Services
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Mgr-Pharmacy - Pharmacy Services General 001 - Full-Time,Rotating - Ascension St John Hospital - 34030 - Detroit,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to manage the daily operations of pharmacy services.
- Develop and implement performance improvement activities to include medication safety, medication use evaluation and pharmacoeconomics.
- Conduct competency assessments and coordinates the training and development of pharmacists, pharmacy residents and pharmacy students.
- Develop and manage departmental budget to promote pharmacoeconomics.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and Board of Pharmacy rules and regulations. Also serve on various committees.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Pharmacist credentialed from the Michigan Board of Pharmacy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Pharmacist specializing in Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Pharmacy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred
- 3 years of experience required. 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)