Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Occupational Therapist - Occupational Therapy 003 - PRN Day - St Mary's of Michigan-Standish - Standish,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St. Mary's of Michigan, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and treat patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits.
- Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and treatment setting.
- Designs and fabricates orthotics and adaptive equipment according to the individual patients needs. Initiates and performs treatments through the use of exercise, manual therapy, physical agents and rehabilitation.
- Administers and evaluates tests of musculoskeletal, neurological and physiological responses to determine functioning.
- Develops appropriate treatment plans based on an evaluation of the patient's dysfunction in conjunction with the patient, physician, family and staff.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Michigan Board of Occupational Therapists obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- BLS Provider specializing in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity