Physician Referrals Representative
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ascension
Looking for a great opportunity in our Residency Clinic?
St. Vincent HealthCare has been proudly serving Jacksonville and the surrounding areas since 1873. We are a part of Ascension, the nation's largest nonprofit healthcare system. In Florida, Ascension operates seven hospitals and has over 100 sites of care. We employ nearly 10,000 people across the region. Together with Sacred Heart, we provided $168 million dollars in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
Why join Ascension?
- Caring Team: Working together as a team, our nurses are incredibly supportive of each other and care for each other as family.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community. With a mission established 100 years ago, your role on the team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for over a century.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Wellbeing Programs: Transforming healthcare starts with taking care of our associates. We know our associates are busy and on the go. We provide our team resources and tools to help them proactively manage their physical, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Confirm insurance coverage. Determine necessity for pre-authorization and obtains authorization for scheduled procedures.
- Obtain insurance authorizations and completes provider medical orders and referrals for care with understanding and knowledge of insurance guidelines for multi-specialty practices
- Enter patient insurance information into the patient record and document insurance coverage of services to be provided.
- Determine financial responsibility for services to be provided. Notify patients and/or practitioners of any services requested and/or referred that are not authorized by insurance.
- Communicate with patients, ordering providers, and third-party service providers regarding: financial responsibility, insurance coverage issues, and complications or barriers to care.
- Schedule and coordinate patient appointments.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1+ year experience processing pre-cerf/authorizations in a medical office setting (internal medicine or primary care preferred).
- Experience with insurance payer websites and insurance verification rules.
- Skilled at gathering clinical documentation to appropriately process referrals to specialty medical offices within the designated time frames indicated.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)